Top Five Hen Party ideas and Activities in Dublin
Dublin may be the capital of Ireland, but it has long been overlooked as a top hen party destination by the Irish ourselves! Hens and stags from the UK have traveled to Temple Bar over the years. But here in Ireland, it has traditionally been Kilkenny, Galway, and Carrick on Shannon that the vast majority of hens and stags have flocked to.
But Dublin is having its comeback, ladies! If you are looking for a fresh new hen party destination on a budget in Ireland this year, we’d seriously consider looking at Dublin. This is why!
- Budget! We love Dublin for a 2023 Hen because there is great value to be had! Even though Dublin can be expensive for accommodation, there are so many hotels up there, so there are plenty of choices. With the UK Recession, lots of UK travellers will be staying at home in 2023. This means there are more hotels available in Dublin. So there are great rates available, better than in smaller towns. So if you want to get as much bang for your buck as you can, we really do think you should consider Dublin for your 2023 Hen.
- Range of options. Look, Dublin is the biggest city in Ireland, with many activities to choose from. You can do sport, spa, arty, classy, tacky. Whatever you like. Paint a nude, spa days, the Viking splash tour, and more. The sheer size of Dublin means it has more to offer than other places. This can be important if you are on a tight budget. It is the same for bars, clubs, and restaurants. There are so many to choose from, so there is always somewhere for your hen, whatever your budget.
- You can walk everywhere. As Dublin is such a large city, people mistakenly think it is too big for a hen and hard to get around. But if you stay in the city centre, you can completely tailor your hen party to be all in the same area. For example, if you stay on Harcourt Street, you aren’t too far from the bars and craic of Temple Bar. Nor are you too far from the Stevens Green area. Dublin is also nice and flat. We repeat! Dublin is flat. Think of your heels!!!
- Multicultural. For me personally, what I love about having a Hen in Dublin City is that it is so multicultural. There are so many cool people in Dublin. Whether behind a bar, visiting Dublin, or just out on the streets. It gives Dublin its amazing buzz!
If you have decided to have your hen party in Dublin, we know it can be hard to pick an activity with so many on offer.
Our top five Hen party activities in Dublin
- Dublin Pedi Bike
Girls, this is the most fun you will have sitting down. A Pedi bike is like a normal bike but with multiple seats and a cover. It is an absolutely fantastic way to see Dublin as everyone pedals together to make it move. There’s music, and laughs, and you will also stop at a couple of pubs along the way. Winner!
- Dublin Viking Splash Tour.
This is one of our best sellers in Dublin and is basically a sightseeing experience in a vehicle that can go on land and water! You will travel through the streets of Dublin having the craic. The Tour then reaches the River Liffey and continues into the water for the rest of the Tour. It’s a really unique hen party activity and is perfect for a group of mixed ages.
- Guinness Store House
One of the most famous landmarks in Dublin, The Guinness Storehouse, is also might craic for a hen party activity. You will tour the world-famous distillery and learn how the Black Stuff is made. The Tour ends upstairs in their Gravity Bar with unreal views over Dublin and a glass of Guinness. Fun times ladies!
- The Cube Dublin
We all know the Cube from the telly, but you can actually play The Cube in Dublin City Centre. They will split your group into teams and the aim of the game is to beat the other team in a series of challenges. The Cube is in a fantastic central venue, and it’s a good one if your group wants to stay indoors or you are nervous about the weather!
- Escape Rooms
Escape rooms are another of our favourite activities in Dublin and perfect if you don’t want to travel far around the city or are nervous about getting your hair wet outdoors ;0) You are basically ‘locked’ in a room with puzzles, and you need to solve the puzzles to get out before the time runs out. And you then move on to the next room. Escape Rooms are such good fun, and there are several in Dublin City Centre! They are fantastic for teamwork, but they are also unreal craic. One of our best sellers
Dublin wasn't always the most popular place for a Hen in Ireland but times have changed! If you are looking for a fresh, vibrant hen party experience it really is a must. With so much on offer and great rates, it has our vote! Contact us for more information about a Dublin Hen Party