Support the Wedding Industry
Whats going on?
If you got a text from us it means you were once on an event with us. And have also attended many many weddings!
We here at Henparty.ie & Stagparty.ie are looking forward to reopening soon. We are lucky that we will reopen, many of our friends and suppliers will not.
Lack of supports for the Event & Wedding Industry plus Brides & Grooms
Like many companies in the event and wedding industry, we feel very let down by Government around supports for the industry. Unlike bars restaurants and shops, we, and many of our suppliers and wedding industry friends don’t qualify for Government supports. We, and our friends and suppliers, are so called 'Orphan Companies'.
The wedding and event industry has been completely and utterly forgotten. All the Brides and Grooms that don’t know if their suppliers will still be there at the end of the pandemic have been forgotten by Government. The many companies in the wedding industry that have had zero support have been forgotten by Government.
Who are the forgotten companies?
· The refrigeration companies that made sure your beer was chilled at the drinks reception before the wedding
· The sound company that made sure you could hear the band down the back of the function room
· The lighting companies that lit up the room when it got dark and gave you that spine tingle you have never forgotten.
· The event caterer that did the most amazing food for the reception
· The event staff companies that served you and made sure your water was filled at all times
· The generator hire companies that made sure the mic was working when the father of the bride made his speech
· The event hire company that provided all the tables and chairs you sat on when your best mates got married.
· The hen and stag event company that made sure your bestie got the send-off of her life.
· The mobile dance teachers that had everyone in knots learning Beyoncé at the hen
· The photographers that captured it all.
· The corporate event companies that organised your team building summer day out when you told the boss you loved your job after a few scoops.
· The marquee company that kept you dry when it rained at your cousins communion
· And SO many more!
We and many other companies in this space have been working so hard behind the scenes to get Government support to help protect the Wedding and Event industry during these times.
We are looking forward to reopening. We are lucky that we will, many of our friends and suppliers will not.
What can you do?
Support the Event & Wedding industry by emailing the following Ministers asking them to support our hugely important Wedding and Event Industry in Ireland. Even a one liner like this helps:
Please support the forgotten companies of the Event and Wedding Industry in Ireland. As Brides and Grooms ourselves, and as friends of Brides and Grooms we need these companies and jobs to be supported so as we can look forward to our events and weddings in the future.
And send it to the following Ministers who are looking after this space.
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Many companies affected are unseen. We are coming together to be heard. We hope you can help.
The Henparty.ie and Stagparty.ie Team